Engineering project controls consultants can play an important role in the effective completion of large projects. as project controls specialists, our duties encompass the whole scope of a project, from monitoring budgets and deadlines to controlling risks of all types from start to end.
The project controls specialists at weeDO offer a diverse set of expertise and considerable field experience to the job management. We assist project teams and management in determining how far a project has advanced in terms of schedule, cost, productivity, and risk at any given moment and comparing it to contractual expectations, scope, performance criteria, and milestones. Controls can be used at every stage of a project, from preconstruction through completion.
To maintain projects on budget and on time, project controls are important. They assist teams and stakeholders in identifying developing risks early on before they become costly and time-consuming issues. These difficulties can be reduced or avoided entirely with prior notice. Project controls also provide leadership with the information they require to set realistic objectives, manage subcontractors, and plan confidently.
During a project, program and project managers employ controls to monitor time and cost expenditures and compare them to project lifecycle estimates. They also rely on them to synchronize onsite execution with the milestones established throughout the design, procurement, entitlement, and pre-construction stages.
Our skilled team of project controls experts can create simple dashboards to report on the status, and key trends of a project. In general, our strategy consists of:
· Performance enhancement through planning (cost, schedule, productivity, etc.) baselines
· Measurement entails quantifying, forecasting, and tracking project performance measures
· Comparison: detecting and measuring deviations between the plan and periodic project performance.
· Recommendations: identifying suitable remedial or improvement activities (if necessary)
· Recording the key project details and producing the documents that are required to implement it successfully
· Recording important project details and creating the papers needed to effectively implement it